The Scholarship Committee of Calvary Church has as its mission to support and encourage those church members who are pursuing higher education degrees and to provide recognition to those students who have provided past service and have been involved in Calvary United Methodist Church activities.
- Applicant must be a member of Calvary United Methodist Church for a minimum of two years.
- Applications and attachments must be typed or clearly written.
- Applicant must submit a completed scholarship application to the church office on or before the deadline (usually in mid-June), addressed to the Scholarship Committee.
- Applicant must have completed one full year of college or 30 undergraduate credits to be eligible for the scholarship. Part time students must have completed fifteen credits to be eligible for the scholarship
- Applicants who are undergraduate level students must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.50. Graduate students pursuing advanced degrees in only the ministry or Christian education will be considered.
- Applicants must have participated in a minimum of two church/conference activities.
- Following the submission of the application, the applicant may be contacted to schedule an interview with the Scholarship Committee.
- Applicants of scholarships will be notified in writing of the results of their application.
- A named recipient of scholarship funds will be required to furnish to the Scholarship Committee a paid tuition receipt from the College or University in order to receive the scholarship funds.
- Upon receipt of a copy of the paid tuition bill from the College or University, the Scholarship Committee will issue the scholarship check to the applicant.
- Scholarships will be awarded for one year only. A recipient may reapply in subsequent years.
- An Applicant’s financial needs may be considered.
For additional information about Calvary’s Scholarship program, please contact the Church office.